Yellowstone is the very first of all national parks. Enchanting mountains, vast pastures, views of Old Faithful and the diversity of the animal wildlife are treasures you will want to experience firsthand for memories of a lifetime. Working in one of our twelve stores, you will meet fellow associates and visitors from all over the world, making lasting friendships! You will have a chance to work with an amazing retail, food and beverage team while experiencing all of the wonders and activities in Yellowstone: hiking, fishing, camping, photography, wildlife sightings, and many more!
Yellowstone General Stores is operated by Delaware North. Delaware North is a contracted concessioner for Yellowstone National Park, and we hire for:
- Food Service
- Cooking & Grill Cooks
Please visit www.yellowstonehr.com to apply! Also, please visit https://youtu.be/4vJiWb1coPE for a short video that shows what it is like to live and work in the park! See FAQ’s on page 2. Apply today at www.ygsjobs.com!
- Most RV sites are within walking distance to the store, a few are farther (details when we discuss specific locations during interview.)
- Full hookups: water, sewer, electric; electric is 30 amp almost without exception -- very few 50 amp options. Electric charges vary per month, anywhere from $10/month - $70+, depending on use. Cost is $0.18 cents per kwH.
- Site charges are payroll deductions and vary from $32.20/week + electric - $39.56/week + electric inside the park. Outside park locations vary from $49 - 70/week, including electric. (In park, your site charge will be paid after approximately 5 hours of work.) Working couples split the cost of the site each week.
- Propane availability: only at 1 underground in-park location--Fishing Bridge, but propane is available in numerous places in and around YNP.
- Pets are allowed per NPS regulations - 2 per RV, never to be unattended outside, limited in where they're allowed in park. Visit www.nps.gov/yell for details.
- Dorm style accommodations and full meal plan for anyone traveling w/o an RV or camper!
- All hours worked are paid hours; 32-40 per week. Positions start at $8.25/hr. Split shifts are required to allow for proper staffing. $3/day completion bonus for 2016!
- Technology access is 10 years behind in the park; not what we are used to today! Cell phone coverage and internet are available but limited. Please ask at time of interview.
- Workampers can opt in or out of the Employee Meal Program. Enrollment through payroll deduction is $59.57/per person per week.
- All associates working in Yellowstone must participate in a mandatory seasonal employee health program -- mandated by NPS, $7.49 weekly or $1.07 per day deduction. NPS maintains 3 health clinics during the season, providing many services.
- Dates of assignments vary; please plan on a minimum of 3 months. Stores open April-May and close September-October.
Apply today at www.ygsjobs.com