Imagine a place where the cares and trappings of urban life relinquish their hold, where the melodious songs of coyotes sing a lullaby, where the air is fresh and the Milky Way dances overhead in a jet black sky, and where the aches and pains of daily life melt away in ancient geo-thermal waters. These imaginings are the very heart and soul of Tecopa Hot Springs Campground and Pools.
Providing 100+ campsites for RVs, Campers and Tents, THSC welcomes short- and long-term visitors who soon become part of a unique family or tribe of individuals who love the desert as much as we do.
Located in the quirky hamlet of Tecopa, California (90 miles from the Las Vegas Strip), we offer a unique alternative to the every-day camping experience. With Death Valley National Park as our sunset boundary and world-class hiking and geology footsteps away, THSC is an outdoor recreationists paradise.
Campground Facilities: 150 total RV sites, can accomm RV's up to 75ft. Free hot springs for guests! Partial hookups, pull-thrus, back-ins,15/30 amp, dump station, tents, Wi-Fi, restrooms, showers, laundry facility, picnic tables, fire rings, heated pool, hot tub, store, ice, ATV, biking, hiking, playground, handicap Accessible.
And though at the moment, our facilities are rustically-rough around the edges, we have several short- and long-term dreams and hopes for this unique destination jewel, such as:
- Stage with lighting and sound for live musical and theatrical performances
- Large shade structure with fans (powered by solar panels), misters, hammocks and picnic tables
- Glamping Cabins, Themed Vintage Trailers and Family-Size Wall Tents (all with evaporative cooling and/or air conditioning powered by solar panels)
- Weekly communal campfire located centrally on the property surrounded by seating, perfect for storytelling and acoustic music
- Regularly-scheduled activities and tours for guests and the local community, including informative talks, guided hikes, photography field-trips, star parties, art classes, bird walks and so much more.
- Coffee & internet cafe and juice bar for refreshing nourishment during your stay
- Personal rentable hot tubs for enjoying our waters closer to your campsite
- Bicycle rentals
- Family-friendly outdoor swimming pool
- Death Valley National Park: Death Valley National Park is open year round. Modern well-maintained and air-conditioned vehicles usually have little trouble with desert travel, but summer trips do require extra planning and extra care. Temperatures begin to moderate, dropping below the 100 degree mark, in mid October and the peak visitor season runs through the cool winter and spring months into the middle of April when temperatures again climb above 100.
- Wild & Scenic Amargosa River: One of the jewels of the southern Death Valley region is the Amargosa River Canyon. Federally designated as a Wild & Scenic River, the Amargosa most certainly lives up to its title. Majestic and imposing cliffs buttress the striking lowlands as the river meanders through badland geology that reveals millions of years of natural history. Home to bobcat, coyote, fox and fowl, the Amargosa is a hiker’s dream. From slot canyons to waterfalls, much of the trail follows the historic Tonopah & Tidewater railroad bed from the Tecopa Post Office deep into Sperry Wash. A visit to China Ranch Date Farm also provides scenic access to the Amargosa River.
- China Ranch Date Farm: When traveling through the Death Valley area consider visiting beautiful China Ranch, near Tecopa California. China Ranch is a family owned and operated small farm, a lush piece of greenery amidst the forbidding Mojave Desert near Southern Death Valley.
- Dumont Dunes: The Dumont Dunes Off-Highway Vehicle Area, also referred to as an Open Area, is an exciting and remote area for off-highway vehicle recreation. Bordered by steep volcanic hills and the slow running Amargosa River, the region is easily recognized from a distance by its distinctive sand dunes. The elevation here varies from 700 feet, at the river, to 1200 feet at the top of Competition Hill, the tallest of the dunes.
- Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge: Its the largest remaining oasis in the Mojave Desert. Nearly 30 species of plants and animals that don’t exist anyplace else on earth (referred to as endemic species). Ash Meadows has the highest concentration of endemic species in the United States. See relict species of desert fish that have existed here since mammoths drank from these very springs. Click here to read more.
Come, stay … become a part of our past, present and future.
Tecopa Hot Springs Campground & Pools
400 Tecopa Hot Springs Rd
Tecopa, CA 92389
400 Tecopa Hot Springs Rd
Tecopa, CA 92389
Regular Rate: $22
PA Member Rate: $11
NOTES: Campground is located in a geothermal hot springs area with no potable ground water. Drinking water must be brought in by campers or purchased from campground. Open year round! PA is valid for 3 nights. PA not valid during holidays and special events. Credit Cards accepted. Pets welcome. *$2 additional for electricity per day. Rate is for 2 people, $2 for each additional person.
Article and photos by Nancy Good